Stroke Symptoms & Treatment
Stroke is literally a "brain attack", caused when the vital supply of blood and oxygen is cut off to part of the brain. New emergency methods for diagnosing and treating acute stroke have recently become available. Immediate medical care, including new methods of stroke diagnosis and drugs for emergency treatment of stroke, can minimize brain damage and dramatically increase a person's chance of recovery after a stroke. However, many people at risk of stroke still do not realize that stroke is an emergency and if treated immediately massive disability can be avoided.
Follow the links below to learn how new methods of diagnosing and treating stroke are greatly improving the recovery of stroke victims. Also learn how vascular disease that can lead to stroke can be caught early and how new methods of diagnosis, treatment and lifestyle changes can keep a stroke from happening in the first place.
Stroke/Brain Attack Main Menu:
- What is Stroke?
- What Causes a Brain Attack?
- Stroke is a Medical Emergency, Time is Brain!
- What are the Warning Signs and Risk Factors for Stroke?
- How Can Stroke be Prevented?
- Diagnosing Vascular Disease Before a Stroke Occurs
- How Can Stroke be Treated?
- Medical Imaging is Vital in the Detection and Treatment of Stroke
- Additional Information and Resources on Stroke
- Heart Disease and Stroke News
- Heart Disease: Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment